Additionally, the coordinator is responsible for tracking competitive programming and maintaining the Competitive Programming Calendar, screening program submissions and maintaining its database.
• In conjunction with the SVP and VP, create all schedule grids for out quarters
• Act as point-person to Operations on schedule changes and corrections
• Supply programming suggestions to maximize ratings of short-term schedule
• Act as department liaison to communicate programming premiere dates, changes and other programming information
• Track, compile and report on competitive information to help maximize TV One’s scheduling strategy against other networks
• Compile, edit and distribute program descriptions for daily listings and monthly grids, a key step in ensuring proper EPG listings
• Track and monitor episodic runs against contractual limitations
• Schedule episodic rollouts for non-primetime dayparts
• Provide backup as needed to the department VP and SVP
• Maintain program submissions database ensuring all contact information and program assessments are recorded
• Work on special reports, projects and additional duties as assigned
• Rabid television viewer with an insatiable appetite for a variety of program genres
• General knowledge of television, film, and media content of interest to the African-American audience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work overtime without advance notice.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
• Detail oriented and hyper-organized
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a cross functional team and communicate with staff at all levels.
• Knowledge of audience research desired, but not required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong internet research skills
• Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 3+ years of experience in the television industry, preferably within the cable industry.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910