The Coordinator, Rights Clearances, Standards & Practices is responsible for processing and maintaining a high volume of rights & clearances projects for all programming, promotional and marketing related materials produced for the company. The ideal candidate will be able to accurately analyze contracts and license agreements. The position requires the ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity, work environment, with a heavy amount of data entry, licensing requests and vendor follow-up performed on a daily basis.
- Draft request letters, negotiate license terms with third-party vendors/ rights holders, and review incoming license agreements, as necessary;
- Evaluate incoming clearance inquiries from internal and external sources, and promptly respond with feedback, as appropriate;
- Maintain detailed spreadsheets to effectively streamline data management of request letters, licensing agreements, license terms, relevant emails, documents, etc. according to the policies of the RCSP Department;
- Perform data entry and quality control for the content in the rights management database;
- Process all incoming requests to pitch programming ideas to the company;
- Broker between clearance entities and management teams while obtaining studio, label and talent consent on behalf of clients;
- Facilitate proper closure of projects (e.g. getting proper signatures, payment submission approvals, etc.);
- Liaise with Accounting to process invoices and associated documentation;
- Proactively and openly communicate, on a regular basis, with Management regarding the status of all projects;
- Share relevant project and industry data and information with team members, and solicit advice and information from team members to as necessary to improve servicing of client projects and help improve future performance of the team overall;
- Assist in the collection, review and processing of Legal Contract Deliverables;
- Assist in the maintenance of the Legal Binder Library to include logging incoming Legal binders elements, securing missing deliverables and updating electronic binder logs;
- Monitor the internet, television, mobile and other sources for infringement of company trademarks and copyrighted materials. Issue take-down notices as needed; and
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Candidate must offer a high level of customer service to customers and have a basic understanding of the components of cable programming such as production, key industry players and contracts.
- Candidate must be articulate, personable; detail oriented, and have strong organizational, communication and administrative skills.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and demonstrate ability to initiate and follow projects through to their conclusion.
- Candidate must also demonstrate resourcefulness and an ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and business presentation applications (Microsoft Word, Excel for Windows and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to prioritize workload, manage multiple tasks, and perform well within a highly active work group.
- Prior experience with contract review, simple drafting, filing and database upkeep a plus.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field or three or more years’ experience in a rights clearances and standards and practices department is preferred.
If interested in applying for the Coordinator, Rights Clearances, Standards & Practices position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.