This position manages the On-air Program Log construction process; the playlist delivery to Master Control and the reconciliation of such logs for TV One. The On-air Program Log is executed by Master Control in the daily operation of the Network, and contains all programs, commercial and promotional content. The position is responsible for meeting contractual delivery schedule deadlines and directing Sales and Promotions department efforts to fill additional time in log as required to time out daily log successfully.
• Time, prepare and update the daily program log for TV One through the insertion of promo filler, network ids and interstitial material.
• Identify available time and assign deadlines as to how and when the time needs to be filled by Promotions and Sales.
• Manage the placement of key clients by using detailed instructions to ensure correct placement as ordered by the Advertiser.
• Work with Advertising Sales department to assist in placing of spots when necessary. Make decisions and or escalate concerns regarding such placement of spots in excess of normally agreed upon capacities.
• Serve as the main point of contact for promotions department, programming department and network origination facility for content placement and the implementation of any changes to the on-air log assuring that each day’s log is successfully transmitted to the uplink facility.
• Create detailed reports about daily and cumulative spot counts to provide sales with the proper tools to hit budget yet adhere to affiliate guidelines.
• Maintain and adjust program formats as required and communicate with sales and promotions during special events to assure new formats are built to meet sales initiatives.
• Insert/edit and check secondary events within log for accuracy.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, with a high degree of accuracy and accountability.
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills is necessary.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
• Have the legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 2+ years of experience in Broadcast Cable Log Operations.
Job Submission Instructions