This position will support the sales/marketing planning, distribution and execution functions of the affiliate sales regional and national account executives charged with meeting TV One’s distribution and partner satisfaction goals.
• Assist team with the preparation of internal and external presentations, industry conferences/trade shows, and local promotions and events.
• Work with sales executives to create Power Point presentations and other collateral materials.
• Represent TV One at regional trade shows and local affiliate events as directed.
• Coordinate and conduct local ad sales (LAS) and customer service representative (CSR) trainings for distribution partners.
• Create various research reports for the sales team, as assigned, utilizing Scarborough, Nielsen, and other tools including the internet.
• Produce and circulate weekly update reports, monthly subscriber progress reports on the status of annual distribution goals, and the annual industry calendar.
• Update sales database as needed.
• Track and report competitive environment information, including MVPD channel changes, packaging/pricing options, advance service offerings, and competitive network’s promotions and programming.
• Administrative responsibilities will include but are not limited to – making travel arrangements, scheduling internal and external meetings, completing expense reports, and answering phones for sales executives and SVP.
• Other special projects and duties as assigned.
• Must love television.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Confident public speaking/presentation skills.
• Experience with database concepts and proficiency in Microsoft Office – must be very proficient in Power Point and Excel.
• Attention to detail and an ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
• An ability to synthesize various data points into a clear, concise digestible form
• Demonstrated self-starter, high level of commitment and experience with advancing projects with minimal supervision
• Experience with database concepts and proficiency in Microsoft Office – must be very proficient in Power Point and Excel
• Strong follow-up and time management skills
• An ability to remain nimble and flexible in an environment of changing business objectives and affiliate needs
• Approximately 20% travel required.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
• Valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree or equivalent combination of cable industry skills and experience required with a minimum of two years sales, promotion, project management or marketing background.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910