September 7, 2018
This position is responsible for maintaining rights and clearances practices for all programming, promotional and marketing related materials produced for TV One. This position will also be responsible for the detailed review of original and acquired programming in accordance with FCC regulations and TV One’s Standards and Practices Policy.
- Pre-screen broadcast programs, commercials and other content to ensure compliance with TV One’s current Content Standards, Federal Trade Commission/Federal Communications Commission regulations.
- Coordinate with, and provide detailed edit notes to, internal and external business units to facilitate mandatory edits required for programming to conform to TV One’s Content Standards.
- Assign parental ratings to all TV One programming based on detailed content review and consultation with programming executives.
- Detailed review of all license, talent and production agreements, to include management of data entry of relevant contract terms into contract tracking databases.
- Monitor contract terms to ensure that all parties adhere to their contractual obligations and address any discrepancies with Legal executive team.
- Process requests for licensing of TV One programs, third-party music, third-party footage and third-party stills, including negotiating license terms with third-party vendors and rights holders.
- Respond to daily clearance inquiries and escalate to department head as needed.
- Evaluate content as needed for issues relating to clearance, including researching copyright and trademark information.
- Manage the copyright application process for all TV One original programs.
- Ongoing processing of Certificates of Erasure for all expired programs, ensuring destruction or erasure in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Candidate must offer a high level of customer service to customers and have a basic understanding of the components of cable programming such as production, key industry players and contracts.
- Candidate must be articulate, personable; detail oriented, and have strong organizational, communication and administrative skills.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and demonstrate ability to initiate and follow projects through to their conclusion.
- Candidate must also demonstrate resourcefulness and an ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and business presentation applications (Microsoft Word, Excel for Windows and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to prioritize workload, manage multiple tasks, and perform well within a highly active work group.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field or three or more years’ experience in a rights clearances and standards and practices department is preferred.
If interested in applying for the Manager, Rights Clearances, Standards & Practices position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.