by TV One Staff
August 17, 2017
Photo Credit: Monica Morgan/Getty Images
When we think of Aretha Franklin, we think of powerhouse vocals and iconic-grade shade:
And now, according to sources, we will soon know her for the next hotspot in nightlife! Yes, the Queen of Soul is looking to open a night club in her hometown of Detroit. She tells the press:
I’m interested in doing a small nightclub downtown, and he (Bruce Schwartz, Detroit relocation ambassador for Bedrock Real Estate Services) and I have been talking about this for a couple of years now and I’m just letting him know I’m still interested. In my retirement plan, I’d like to have a small club here in Detroit.
Although reports are saying that the Queen has decided on the name “Aretha’s,” if we may, we’d like to offer a few title suggestions for consideration:
1. The House of Shade
2. The Legend’s Lounge
3. The Powerhouse Pub
4. Rock Steady Rum Bar
5. Pattie, Who?
6. Dionne, Who?
7. The Queen’s Quarters
It’s just jokes, guys! In all seriousness, we think this is a great business endeavor and cannot wait to be invited to the grand opening.
TELL US: Are you excited for Aretha Franklin’s night club?
Can You Guess Who Wrote These Hits?
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Can you guess who wrote 'Baby'?
1 of 24
2. Did you guess The-Dream and Christina Milian?
Source:Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for Grey Goose
2 of 24
3. Can you guess who co-wrote 'Get Me Bodied'?
3 of 24
4. Did you guess Solange?
4 of 24
5. Can you guess who wrote 'Just Like Me'?
5 of 24
6. Did you guess The-Dream
6 of 24
7. Can you guess who wrote 'You Are Not Alone'?
7 of 24
8. Did you guess R. Kelly?
Source:Mike Pont/Getty Images
8 of 24
9. Can you guess who wrote 'Gettin' Jiggy Wit It'?
9 of 24
10. Did you guess Nas?
Source:Rachel Murray/Getty Images for Harper's Bazaar
10 of 24
11. Can you guess who wrote 'F**k You'?
11 of 24
12. Did you guess Bruno Mars?
12 of 24
13. Can you guess who co-wrote 'Still Dre'?
13 of 24
14. Did you guess JAY-Z?
Source:Photo by Ari Perilstein/Getty Images for Roc Nation
14 of 24
15. Can you guess who wrote 'Disturbia'?
15 of 24
16. Did you guess Chris Brown? He was a co-writer on the hit song.
16 of 24
17. Can you guess who wrote 'I'm A Slave 4 U'?
17 of 24
18. Did you guess Pharrell?
18 of 24
19. Can you guess who wrote 'Where My Girls At'?
19 of 24
20. Did you guess Missy Elliott?
Source:Photo by FOX via Getty Images
20 of 24
21. Can you guess who wrote 'Epiphany'?
21 of 24
22. Did you guess Ne-Yo?
22 of 24
23. Can you guess who wrote 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T'?
23 of 24
24. Did you guess Otis Redding?
Source:Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
24 of 24