by TV One Staff
January 8, 2016
This position manages the On-air Program Log construction process; the playlist delivery to Master Control. The On-air Program Log is executed by Master Control in the daily operation of the Network, and contains all programs, commercial and promotional content. The position is responsible for meeting contractual delivery schedule deadlines and directing Sales and Promotions department efforts to fill additional time in log as required to time out daily log successfully.
- Time, prepare and update the daily on-air program log for TV One through the insertion of commercial material, promo filler, network IDs and interstitial material.
- Optimize primary and secondary promotional events in daily logs via Grip It and Broadway Traffic Systems.
- Serve as the main point of contact for promotions department, programming department and network origination facility for content placement and the implementation of any changes to the on-air log assuring that each day’s log is successfully transmitted to the uplink facility.
- Manage the reconciliation of program logs for Sales and Finance and run necessary reports to insure proper billing of spots is accomplished. Evaluate these reports and identify corrective measures for sales planners to implement when errors have been found.
- Work with Advertising Sales department to assist in placing of DR/PI spots when necessary. Make decisions and or escalate concerns regarding such placement of DR/PI spots in excess of normally agreed upon capacities.
- Create detailed reports about daily and cumulative spot counts to provide sales with the proper tools to hit budget yet adhere to affiliate guidelines.
- Maintain and adjust program formats on the log level as required and communicate with sales and promotions during special events to assure formats are built to meet sales initiatives.
- Insert/edit and check secondary events within log for accuracy on a case by case basis.
- Complete late log changes forms on an as needed basis.
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by the VP of Network Operations.
- Previous experience with Grip It and/or Broadway Traffic Systems and plus but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with a high degree of accuracy and accountability.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills is necessary.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
- Have the legal right to work in the United States.