by TV One Staff
January 8, 2016
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for creating executing social media plans, populating social media platforms on a daily basis, monitoring and encouraging fan engagement, and tracking trends in the social media space to ignite new ideas for TV One’s social media platforms.
- Encourage fan engagement and attachment by creating, curating and publishing social content on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and other emerging social platforms.
- Execute social media plans from strategy and ideation through execution and publishing, working in partnership with social media team lead.
- Establish brand voice for brands in the social space. Must be a good creative writer with flawless grammar and spelling.
- Collaborate with Interactive One (sister company) to share social media priorities and create content for social media that will resonate with TV One’s social audience.
- Create and maintain social media editorial calendar, under the direction of social media team lead.
- Monitor trends in social media and supply ongoing intelligence for social media, emerging technology and marketplace trends.
- Provide support for social media campaign implementations and media buys.
- Analyze social data; translate metrics and data into actionable and relevant insight.
- Proactively gather competitive information.
- Assist with various ad hoc analyses.
- Must have exceptional verbal and writing skills, including flawless written grammar.
- Must possess outstanding attention to detail.
- Must have superior organizational skills.
- Must be digital and social media savvy; active personally-managed presence on social media platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, Periscope, and blog/microblog platforms.
- Intimate knowledge of web culture, trends and new media.
- Strong creativity and enthusiasm.
- Understanding of digital content creation and production
- Knowledge of/Passion for Entertainment and Media Industry
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to digest and decipher data.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good judgment, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to occasional changes in work schedule as workload demands.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high-level results.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to partner effectively with a variety of departments (Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales etc.) on a number of initiatives.
- Possess energy and enthusiasm, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, New Media or related field required with two years or less from receipt of Bachelor’s degree.
- Enthusiasm and creativity regarding social media is a must, and the ideal candidate must have the right sensibility to promote to the African American women 25 – 54 target.