by TV One Staff
January 8, 2016
The Coordinator will support the Consumer Marketing team in the ideation and development of all marketing campaigns and brand initiatives, including consumer and trade media campaigns, cross promotions, major network initiatives and tent poles.
The primary function of the position is to support and contribute creative thinking skills to the overall team, as well as manage details for all campaigns and initiatives in order to keep the execution on track. Must be a passionate about television and entertainment and know trends in pop culture that could positively impact marketing campaigns and the network.
- Contribute to team brainstorms and generate creative and innovative marketing ideas and stunts to generate excitement among potential viewers and drive tune-in to our series
- Create a pipeline of new and creative marketing ideas. Keep current with trends in the consumer marketing space within and outside of entertainment
- Coordinate details for marketing campaigns, including budgets, deadlines, and creative deliverables to ensure all campaign needs are delivered in a timely fashion
- Research new creative agencies that can help generate creative campaigns across all media, and manage agency process for RFPs for all series
- Contribute perspective to media planning discussions and help coordinate deliverables for media plan execution
- Create and update timelines for creative production, including print, radio promos, and web assets
- Develop creative briefs for RFPs, and manage agency in the development and execution of all creative deliverables and promotions
- Coordinate and manage legal documentation process relevant to each initiative for the creation and production of creative materials, including print, radio, web, and other assets
- Work closely with the Interactive Marketing Specialist to help manage the production of web materials, including banners, rich media units, and marketing HTMLs
- Partner with affiliate sales team on various initiatives to increase the brand’s worth and visibility among distribution partners and ensure alignment between consumer marketing goals and affiliate sales and marketing objectives.
- Support marketing teams in developing various communications tools and collateral including one-sheets, newsletters, presentations, etc.
- Must have exceptional verbal and writing skills, including flawless written grammar.
- Must possess outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have superior organizational skills.
- Strong creativity and enthusiasm.
- Passion for television, entertainment and pop culture
- Strong critical thinking skills; the ability to digest and decipher data.
- Impeccable communication skills.
- Good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to occasional changes in work schedule as workload demands.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to partner effectively with a variety of departments (Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales etc.) on a number of initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree required; concentration in media, marketing, advertising or communications a plus.
- Communications or marketing-related work experience is a plus.
- PowerPoint skills a plus.