- Responsible for writing, producing and conducting edit sessions for assigned on-air promos and cross department promotional initiatives.
- Accountable for quality and project budget. Adheres to set creative direction, tonality and style guide(s) of the network.
- Makes creative, content production and editing decisions for assigned promos.
- Creates on-air, digital promotions that maximize appeal of programs to viewers.
- Working effectively and responsively with other clients/departments (e.g. Digital, Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales) to meet their needs and request.
- Effectively Partners with Designers, editors, coordinator and schedulers in the efficient production of promos.
- Assembles cast, production teams and production resources as needed.
- Works with operations to ensure required delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have exceptional promotional writing and conceptualization skills.
- Must be fully versed in on-air promotional practices/standards.
- Must possess familiarity of production disciplines including: set design, lighting, graphics, writing, etc.
- Must appreciate and understand the importance of overall marketing objectives (messaging, aesthetics, continuity, etc.), and the need/advantages of building and maintaining a solid aesthetic brand.
- Must have a thorough and current understanding of creative marketing/promotional trends.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to occasional changes in work schedule as workload demands.
- Must possess outstanding attention to detail and maintain ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high-level results.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to partner effectively with a variety of departments (Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales etc.) on a number of initiatives.
- Possess energy and enthusiasm, and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years’ experience at producer level for a national broadcast/cable network– experience with AA audience is a plus. Experience promoting to women as the primary audience is a plus, and/or the ideal candidate must have the right sensibility to promote to the female target. Ad agency experience is a plus.
If interested in applying for the Producer/Writer position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).