January 24, 2023
The Sr. Promo Editor is responsible for crafting highly compelling short form video including promos, trailers, sizzle reels, corporate video and digital content for TV One and Cleo TV’s linear and digital platforms. Responsible for final deliverables of finished assets that align with company and industry standard.
- Video editing, with primary responsibility in marketing and digital media
- Work with creative marketing teams to complete their production assignments
- Contribute creative ideas that will help elevate the brand
- Organize, Manage and Archive Avid Media Projects and files
- Deliver all final video assets for on-air, off channel , digital, Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales and other internal and external clients
- Skilled Avid Editor, knowledge of other software editing systems like Final Cut and Premiere a Plus
- Passionate storyteller that loves to collaborate
- Extensive experience editing promos and trailers with strong portfolio
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and After Effects
- Possess a proficient understanding of file-based workflows and file types
- Knowledge of color correction
- Ability to work with a variety of creative teams including writers, producers, graphic design and sound design
- Ability to follow a script, storyboard or outline
- Ability to take direction and add creative input
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects
- Understanding of technical specifications
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Word and Excel
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
At least 10 years of video editing experience ( including 5 years of promo editing experience). Bachelor’s degree preferred in Communications, Marketing, Media Production, Film Studies or related field
If interested in applying for the Sr. Promo Editor position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.