September 22, 2022
This position manages the company’s Media Asset Management system; overseeing the tagging, cataloging, organizing, and storage of all media assets and paper records for TV One Networks. This individual will be responsible for maintaining clean and reliable data within the system and will ensure that the media migration process adheres to the outlined database management guidelines and workflows from start to finish.
- Serve as the lead in initiating content request fulfillment by tracking and pulling requested media.
- Review, transfer, and archive all content that arrives on hard drives and DVDs
- Upload, catalog, and archive media from photography and field shoots.
- Design, implement and maintain metadata schemas that reflect the needs of the organization.
- Develop and document protocols for downloading, renaming, backing up, tagging, grouping, archiving, maintaining, and reporting on all assets within the Media Asset Management system
- Liaise with Programming, Marketing and Network Operations teams to ensure keyword and tag uniformity
- Tagging and archiving transcoded media from watch folders to the LTO tape library system
- Conduct training for new users pertaining to the use of the Media Asset Management system
- Send email correspondence advising of discrepancies with production element deliveries
- Coordinate and perform special tape and asset pull requests from the archival storage facility
- Retrieve digital files from the LTO tape library
- Organize and send content to offsite vendors for such services as editing and captioning as well as manage the shipment of tapes and drives to writers, producers and other clients.
- Ensure that the appropriate departments are billed for asset retrievals and returns.
- Manage the limited space of the onsite media library
- Organize the timely purge or return of expired content and the subsequent creation of Certificates of Erasure.
- Maintain tracking logs of any and all tapes delivered in-house or sent out of the house via FedEx, UPS, Iron Mountain and/or any other courier service.
- Stage tapes and/or files for edit sessions, quality control and or other production services.
- Manage the upkeep of all deliverable binders and the input of the binder elements into the Media Asset Management system
- Serve as a backup to the Content Coordinator and Post Production Specialist
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous media asset management experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient understanding of tape, camera, image, and media formats and industry terms
- Experience with metadata input and organizing a large number of files
- Ability to multi-task, and work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Outstanding proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Global Edit and XenData a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of data management systems, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Legally authorized to work in the US
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5+ years of experience in the field of digital media or cable/broadcast. Knowledge of Global Edit and/or XenData is a plus.
If interested in applying for the Media Specialist I position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.