May 6, 2022
The Post Production Specialist, Production Facilities & Content Management is responsible for managing, organizing, prioritizing, and executing; duplication, Quality Control (QC), and editing requests from external vendors and internal departments, along with maintaining the associated reporting and tracking data within the Program and Media Asset Management Systems.
- Track, enter, and maintain synopsis and associated categorical metadata for programs within the SIMS program management system.
- Gather and deliver assets required for special projects, OTT/FAST channel, or international vendor onboarding
- Upload key art, gallery, and unit photography to their corresponding platforms (Global Edit, Shift)
- Create cut sheets for billboards and package delivered billboard materials for editors
- Establish and refine processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of all requested content or information.
- Work with client groups to understand project requirements and suggest potential alternatives
- Place requests in context, and resolving discrepancies to maximize efficiencies
- Assist as delegated with special projects that land within the department
- Receive and process duplication QC and editing requests as needed
- Verify accuracy and clarity of instructions, deadlines, and delivery locations with requestors
- Communicate clearly with production facility staff regarding work priorities and projects as needed.
- Provide post-production support for other departments as needed.
- Serve as the primary backup to the Content Coordinator and Media Specialist
- Create prioritized to-do lists for the Post Production Tech on a daily basis.
- Ensure accurate data for Digitize and Dub request forms for the Post Production Tech.
- Create, organize, and maintain QC Evaluation Forms
- QC files for VOD, TVE, and other non-linear platforms as needed
- Ensure timely delivery of program video and caption files for linear and non-linear platforms
- Upload video files to online video platforms and other OTT platforms
- Maintain shipping logs and records of completed work
- Label, package, and ship finished materials to requestors
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as necessary
- Understanding of duplication, editing, and QC processes
- Experience with SIMS (Sintec) preferred.
- Familiarity with tape and file formats
- Strong prioritization and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task, and work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented; and strong organizational skills are required
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study. At least 3 years of Broadcast Production or Operations experience.
If interested in applying for the Post Production Specialist, Production Facilities & Content Management position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.