February 8, 2022
The Director, Scheduling & Acquisitions is responsible for managing the scheduling strategy for the linear and digital platforms of TV One Networks as well as buying and licensing acquired content. The position is responsible for maximizing ratings and revenue and meeting the demands to achieve both objectives.
- Work closely with SVP, Scheduling and Acquisitions and team to develop programming strategies/schedules that achieve or exceed rating and revenue goals
- Manage the production of network schedule grids from scheduling database and supervise schedule changes across platforms
- Identify, evaluate and secure acquisition opportunities utilizing data to make optimal acquisition decisions
- Develop short and long-term scheduling strategies that maximize inventory
- Work closely with Ad Sales to create sponsorship opportunities by identifying stunts and scheduling synergies.
- Develop programming events/stunts to further TV One Networks original programming and compose strategy documents that communicate plans to partner departments
- Serve as primary liaison and manages schedule information flow to Ad Sales, Production, Marketing, Communications, Content Distribution and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with On-Air Promotion group on the development and implementation of on-air promotional strategies and commitments
- Generate monthly VOD and other non-linear schedules with specific episodic information and stunts
- Partner with Research team on providing data to support scheduling strategies
- Track, compile and report on competitive information to help maximize TV One Networks’ scheduling strategy against other networks
- Present scheduling and acquisition strategies at network meetings
- Track and monitor episodic runs against contractual limitations to fulfill amortization schedules
- Work on special reports, projects and additional duties as assigned
- Heavy viewer of multi-platform content with an insatiable appetite for a variety of program genres.
- Strong knowledge of television, film, and media content of interest to the African-American audience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of prior program scheduling and acquisition experience with a cable/digital channel or network
- Proficiency in scheduling database software system
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented and hyper-organized.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a cross functional team and communicate with staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of audience research and Nielsen ratings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field desirable and strong knowledge of television/cable/digital industry
If interested in applying for the Director, Scheduling & Acquisitions position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.