November 3, 2021
The Manager, Public Relations, is instrumental to the success of TV One Networks’ brand image and original entertainment programming, including: reality and scripted series, original movies, award shows and music specials. This position supports implementing public relations plans that generate positive consumer and industry press coverage of the network’s programming, which will lead to awareness and viewership. The Manager, Public Relations, reports to the Director, Public Relations and works with the entire Public Relations departmental staff.
- Supports in managing and executing multiple communications and program promotional campaigns, including development and implementation of press strategies for the network entertainment, original movies, scripted, reality, music and award show specials, as well as supporting events, industry, talent visibility and corporate communications initiatives.
- Works closely with publicists and actors or on-air personalities to prioritize and maximize talent participation in PR activities; the role serves as a key PR team contact by coordinating with producers, directors, studio partners, business affairs, legal, post-production and several other constituencies
- Works with the Director to establish and maintain project budget parameters and timelines; oversees creation of press strategies and materials, including gathering information for press material development and writes and edits press releases, bios, press briefings, talking points, press kits and creative; the candidate also contributes to managing the flow of this information to television editors and writers, schedules and covers talent and executive interviews; and oversees unit publicity and photography.
- Generates press for network entertainment programming (scripted), specials (award shows, music specials) and talent in consumer, entertainment and trade/industry outlets; pitch programming to press, evaluate and follow up on media requests, and develop and manage close working relationships with members of the media, including broadcast digital and print, outlets.
- Develops and manages briefings and schedules schedules for press interviews, media teleconferences, press conferences, satellite media tours, radio media tours and other controlled media outreach.
- Creates media announcements related to new talent, series, etc.
- Serves as key contact in conjunction with Director on Awards shows and music specials.
- Organizes and/or helps organize press appearances and events, including seminars, press briefings, screenings, media tours, junkets, set visits, visibility at festivals, conferences, and more.
- Generates and coordinates conference and tradeshow visibility opportunities.
- Sources and coordinates in-person and virtual press events such as screenings, junkets, premieres, dinners, etc.
- Collaborates and contributes to the overall communications efforts, working directly with colleagues across the CDM, Ad Sales, Digital Media, Information Technology, and Marketing & Creative Services.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned by the Director, Public Relations.
- Proficient in using Cision, TVEyes, ConstantContact and other online PR and earned media software platforms
- Proficient in MS Outlook and Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), presentation platforms (e.e. Canva, Prezi, et al.) and graphics (e.g. Adobe/PhotoShop)
- Highly proficient in digital social platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Snapchat, Clubhouse, et al.
- Well-established television industry, cable, broadcast, entertainment, celebrity, general market consumer and African American/urban media contacts is essential, as well as an ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with members of the media
- A strong understanding of television publicity, key press outlets/journalists and experience in launching and sustaining press coverage on a TV series is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and be able and willing to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Must be detail and deadline-oriented and handle a complex and ever-changing workload in a timely and efficient manner
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential as is an ability to think creatively and generate new ideas
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong, collaborative team player and willing to take responsibility for project oversight when assigned
- The position requires an individual who is tenacious and innovative and has the ability to handle difficult personalities with grace, diplomacy and a sense of humor
- Must be a flexible team player with ability to work nor traditional business hours and/or weekends when required
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field and strong interest in the media business preferred. Minimum of 5 years related experience and thorough understanding of social and traditional public relations. PR experience with a production company, studio, network or entertainment PR agency is preferred.
If interested in applying for the Manager, Public Relations position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.