September 10, 2021
The Content Management Specialist is responsible for managing workflows and procedures for the submission of Salesforce orders required for all on-air content prior to transmission to the uplink facility. These responsibilities involve heavy day-to-day coordination with the TV One Sales Operations, Network Operations, Creative Services, and Comcast Traffic Operations teams. The Content Management Coordinator is also responsible for organizing, prioritizing, managing, and finalizing dub lists, finalizing transmission orders and program metadata, and delivering media assets to the uplink facility and OTT vendors. Last, the individual in this role is responsible for maintaining the associated reporting and tracking data within the Media Asset Management system.
- Workflow Management; including tracking and finalizing all orders for linear content within the Media Asset Management system.
- Prioritizing the activities identified above, and making adjustments as deadlines change and new work is introduced.
- Placing requests in context, and resolving discrepancies in order to maximize efficiencies.
- Implement procedures and necessary administrative tools to efficiently complete Production Facility assignments for dub lists, Salesforce orders, and work orders generated from the Media Asset Management system.
- Execute processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of all requested content or information.
- Send all linear and non-linear content to the CTS uplink facility.
- Send confirmation emails for all shipments and uploads to requestors, recipients and supervisors.
- Upload video files to online video platforms and other OTT platforms.
- Serve as a backup to the Media Specialist, Post Production Coordinator, and Digital Content Scheduling Specialist.
- Track the delivery of closed captioning files and ensure that the most recent caption status is reflected in the Media Asset Management system.
- Pull dub lists from the Broadway traffic system and verify that all listed commercials have the correct uplink number, ISCI and format indication as well as verify that they are on the associated digital platform server(s).
- Verify the accuracy and clarity of Salesforce order forms for all TV One content prior to transmission to the uplink facility.
- Manage the delete/re-encode process for programs captioned in house.
- Create, send, and track server delete requests to the uplink facility.
- Manage, track, and verify accuracy and clarity of all metadata in the Program Management System. This includes title, rating, and synopsis metadata.
- Export program schedule .xml files from the Program Management System and verify import into the Media Asset Management System.
- Establish work priorities for, and communicate clearly with, production facility staff as needed.
- Maintain shipping logs and records of completed work.
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as delegated.
- Must be a self-starter with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented; and strong organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at once and exhibit an expertise in following and tracking email correspondence throughout the day.
- Ability to multi-task, and work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
- Strong Understanding of duplication, editing, and QC processes.
- Experience with metadata input and organizing a large number of files.
- Previous asset management experience a plus.
- Understanding of duplication, editing, and QC processes.
- Familiarity with tape and file formats.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Able to work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Legal right to work in the US.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study. At least 3 years of prior experience working in a Commercial Operations, Post Production, or Cable TV Operations environment. Experience using Salesforce, Broadway, or SIMS is preferred.
If interested in applying for the Content Management Specialist, Production Facility & Content Management position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.