September 10, 2021
The Manager, Digital & Social Media is responsible for creating and executing social media plans, populating social media platforms on a daily basis, monitoring and encouraging fan engagement, and tracking trends in the social media space to ignite new ideas for TV One’s social media platforms creating social “TV One FANS” as well as helping increase show and brand viewership and engagement.
- Encourage fan engagement and attachment by creating, curating and publishing social content on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and other emerging social platforms.
- Execute social media plans from strategy and ideation through execution and publishing, working in partnership with the social media team lead.
- Establish brand voice for brands in the social space. Must be a good creative writer with flawless grammar and spelling.
- Collaborate with Interactive One (sister company) to share social media priorities and create content for social media that will resonate with TV One’s social audience.
- Create and maintain social media editorial calendar.
- Monitor trends in social media and supply ongoing intelligence for social media, emerging technology and marketplace trends.
- Provide support for social media campaign implementations and media buys.
- Set metrics and analyze social data; translate metrics and data into actionable and relevant insight.
- Proactively gather competitive information.
- Create various ad hoc analyses.
- Must have exceptional verbal and writing skills, including flawless written grammar.
- Must possess outstanding attention to detail.
- Must have superior organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision/direction.
- Must be digital and social media savvy; maintaining an active personally-managed presence on social media platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, Periscope, and blog/microblog platforms.
- Intimate knowledge of web culture, trends and new media.
- Strong creativity and enthusiasm.
- Understanding of digital content creation and production
- Knowledge of/passion for Entertainment and Media Industry
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to digest and decipher data.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good judgment, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to occasional changes in work schedule as workload demands.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high-level results.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to partner effectively with a variety of departments (Ad Sales, Content Distribution & Marketing, etc.) on a number of initiatives.
- Possess energy and enthusiasm and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the entertainment/media industry. Enthusiasm and creativity regarding social media is a must and the ideal candidate must have the right sensibility to promote to the African American women 25 – 54 target. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, New Media or related field preferred.
If interested in applying for the Manager, Digital & Social Media position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).