September 10, 2021
This position manages the logistics of delivering scheduled content, promotional material and ads (DAI) across digital platforms to include Apps, STB VOD, connected television and other digital platforms. Individual will strategize and implement technology to support departmental digital content initiatives and be the POC for delivery and assurance by managing external service providers
- Be the primary operational point of contact for all departments as it pertains to STB VOD, App and OTT initiatives.
- Process monthly VOD, OTT, and App schedules/schedule changes and track content delivery and distribution to assure timeliness to air.
- Manages metadata entry of digital content, ads and promotions to be pitched to TV One and CLEO TV STB universe of Affiliates.
- Work internally with Programming and Scheduling departments to assure all metadata is available to be distributed (descriptions, retention dates, genre, duration, etc.).
- Identify/create workflow to support new STB VOD, OTT, and App initiatives both internally and externally.
- Manage the onboarding of new affiliates wishing to distribute our VOD content, DAI advertising load and/or carry our Network Apps on their platforms.
- Facilitate the entry of promotions campaigns in the VOD traffic system and assure content delivery to the vendor for pitch to the affiliates.
- Process cut sheets for content fulfillment from internal production center to VOD transport vendor.
- Create and upload XML and CSV data for both content and ads to the Ad Server as necessary to support all digital ad insertion (DAI) initiatives.
- Manage all VOD/OTT/App programs and ensure that internal deadlines are in alignment with the monthly schedules.
- Troubleshoot VOD campaign issues with Sales Teams and traffic system vendor.
- Cross-train on production center fulfillment processes and assist with distribution of linear content.
- Liaise with the Digital Team to coordinate the delivery of images and artwork needed for the App/VOD/OTT platforms.
- Create .xml files, manage video and image uploads, and ensure metadata accuracy for media on the online video platform. This includes publishing and review of the appearance of each asset on the App.
- Upload videos and manage metadata for all clips on the online video platform.
- Locate, rename, and coordinate the delivery of all legacy or previously aired content that is upcoming on new VOD/OTT/App schedule(s).
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Production Facility and Content Management.
- OTT/ STB VOD or other digital content fulfillment experience.
- Familiarity with XML and JSON schema preferred.
- Previous experience in a video production center environment and familiarity with work order software is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with a high degree of accuracy and accountability.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills is necessary.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
- Have the legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5+ years of experience in Cable Broadcast and Digital Media.
If interested in applying for the Digital Content Scheduling Specialist position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).