September 10, 2021
The Manager of Post Production Facility and Content Management will serve as the primary backup to the Director of Production Facility Operations and Content Management. They are responsible for developing and managing workflows for the accurate daily tracking of editing, encoding, and transcoding tasks. They will review technical quality control reports and work directly with producers, distributors, and EICs regarding questions and issues pertaining to technical specifications, delivery guidelines and the like.
- Create and track edit schedules for the production facility editors.
- Review technical QC Reports and approve programs for air; or coordinate replacement or editing.
- Spot check content to determine a pass or fail status.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all original programs by serving as the liaison between outside producers and TV One.
- Ensure that tagged media follows the appropriate task flows and adheres to deadlines within the Media Asset Management System.
- Develop and update reports, updating the status of primary and secondary deliverables for all acquired/original programs, edit needs, and potential re-deliveries.
- Coordinate Standards & Practices’ review of movie screeners.
- Set delivery deadlines of media files to caption vendors and ensure the accurate and timely return of closed caption files.
- Update and track task statuses within the Media Asset Management System.
- Create titles and enter show synopses in the Program Management System.
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Must be a self-starter able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication required.
- Understanding of production process and network clocks.
- Ability to work unscheduled overtime and be on-call as needed.
- Legal right to work in the US.
- Ability to multi-task, and work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented; and strong organizational skills are required.
- Legal right to work in the US.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study. At least 7 years of prior experience working in operations and/or production. Familiarity with technical specifications, communicating with distributors/production companies regarding delivery of show assets, and asset management.
If interested in applying for the Manager, Production Facility Operations & Content Management position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.