September 10, 2021
The Sr. Producer, Digital & Social Media is responsible for the ideation, concept development and creation of compelling written and multi-media content for TV One’s website, social platforms and mobile app that drives tune-in, brand awareness and increases viewership.
- Oversee editorial strategy, (including non-video content); Develop and manage content for assigned series and/or movies on TVOne.TV.
- Create compelling, actionable, interactive content features and elements including special sections, newsletters, polls, quizzes, message boards, video programming, web and e-mail, photos, blogs, podcasts, social networking updates, news, reviews, search, user comments, original content, reward incentives and more.
- Be experimental with content; take risks with what you’re creating.
- Identifying trending news stories, creating/delegating editorial assignments and producing or writing several news articles per day.
- Interviewer for digital video productions, as needed.
- Perform day-to-day content uploading by entering and optimizing content in the content management system.
- Partner with creative services and developers to implement functionality to support online marketing strategy and plan for assigned brands.
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships (programming, publicity, operations, and more) to ensure you have the best information and the ability to gain traction on your strategies.
- Manage digital media inventory for on-air “lower thirds” in coordination with online editorial schedule (lower thirds, promos).
- Manage vendor and contractor relationships for outsourced content. Ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of content.
- Become well versed on site’s users (and potential users) and their behaviors; program online content to speak to the audience for maximum impact, driving page views per user.
- Staying current on editorial and industry trends; make recommendations on ways to continually innovate.
- Supports additional department projects and priorities as necessary.
- Generate regular data analytic reports on website traffic.
- Provide QA review of the website regularly.
- Manage digital media editorial calendar.
- Communicate digital media priorities to internal and external partners.
- An exceptional skilled writer and storyteller and experienced creative. You have proven ability to create and produce A/V and written content.
- Video Producing knowledge a plus (including working with editors).
- Effective written communication skills and excellent mastery of the English language including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Comfortable with computer technologies include web content management systems and streaming media.
- Impeccable judgment and attention to detail, solid organizational skills, highly motivated, results-driven, and creative writer.
- Experience with MS Office, WordPress, Photoshop, Creator Studio, TweetDeck, Social Flow.
- Flexibility in managing multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously; ability to meet deadlines; experience managing both urgent, short-term projects, and complex, longer-term projects.
- Experience working directly with talent; Excellent collaborative skills; Creative and innovative.
- Legal right to work in the US.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required. BA in marketing, communications, or journalism preferred. 3+ years of experience in building, managing and growing a website for a medium/large size organization or publication.
If interested in applying for the Sr. Producer, Digital & Social Media, position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.