July 13, 2021
The Account Director is responsible for achieving national advertising revenue targets through direct sales to accounts in his/her assigned advertisers, agencies, and territories.
- Sell the value and brand strength of the TV One and Cleo TV to advertisers and agencies
- Create compelling presentations that convey the benefits and features of TV One Cleo TV programming and the respective viewing audience
- Proactively keep clients informed of pertinent account and network information, as well as marketplace conditions
- Make in-person visits to advertisers, agencies, and any other applicable entities to drive revenue
- Carry out the entire sales process from initial contact to deal close
- Grow revenue through NEW Business and existing account development and
- Respond to RFP’s and pursue leads accordingly
- Execute sales strategies as set forth by sales management
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with advertisers and agencies
- Monitor trends in African-American consumption practices that may impact the overall business
- Remain up to date with client strategies and campaigns
- Remain current with competitive networks
- Remain accountable for servicing designated accounts
- Partner with research to aid in the sales process
- Manage added-value agreements by working closely with Integrated Marketing
- Stay current with TV One’s ratings performance and programming
- Manage and mentor sales support team
- Strong knowledge of the cable industry, and in particular as it relates to African-American demographics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- 20-30% domestic travel
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/minimum 8+ years national advertising sales or equivalent sales experience.
If interested in applying for the Account Director position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).