June 22, 2021
The Director, Digital & Social Media is responsible for directing and implementing the content and marketing strategy for TV One’s digital platforms, including website, social media, apps, and mobile, and will work with the SVP Marketing to ensure that all strategies meet the marketing campaign goals.
This role is responsible for the digital marketing strategy and overseeing execution across all platforms for programming initiatives, as informed by the overall marketing strategies. The Director of Digital & Social Media works with the Digital Media and Social Media teams to ensure the brand voice, positioning, and content is aligned with the overall network brand.
The Director will primarily be responsible for developing TV One’s digital platforms into strong branded portals that will recruit, excite, and develop a relationship with users that is authentic, engaged, and drives them to TV One’s linear programming. The Director will manage a team of 2 – 5 people comprising digital producers and editorial staff, as well as the social media agency of record.
- Develop the digital marketing strategy for all key series that entails a vision and roadmap for the development and distribution of TV One content as a digital ecosystem, including websites, apps, social platforms, VOD, etc.
- Establish an internal communication process to connect digital and social media teams across Urban One parent company with overall marketing and programming strategy and keep teams informed of new developments and updates to ensure all teams are consistently and constantly informed
- Develop aggressive plans to launch TV One content across digital partner platforms that will extend our reach and further market key programs
- Establish and track KPI’s for each digital platform based on previous performance, expected performance, and recruitment and retention plans and communicate performance goals and results to the SVP of Marketing regularly. Revise plans based on performance, insights, and implications.
- Monitor and share trends in the digital media space to inform the digital and social media teams of new creativity on the horizon and new capabilities
- Direct the digital and social media teams in the deployment of content and provide insights and feedback based on performance, tone, user experience, or otherwise
- Work collaboratively with marketing leadership across Radio One, Inc. to cultivate cross-platform marketing opportunities to partner on key initiatives that will leverage the strength in our portfolio of brands
- Be a thought leader in the digital marketing space to guide the SVP of Marketing, and internal executive leadership, in the best opportunities for TV One and the trends that can have a positive impact on our business or influence our target demo
- Develop partnerships with major digital influencers, whether brands or individuals, to learn, engage, and influence their fans and followers to fall in love with TV One and become loyal fans of our content, platform-agnostic
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure that internal processes are flawlessly executed upon for content marketing asset acquisition, development, and execution
- Manage digital marketing budget, under the supervision of the SVP of Marketing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Previous entertainment television network experience is a must
- Mobile Passion for digital, social media, and mobile marketing
- Self-starter who requires little supervision
- Solid understanding of user-driven internet design and content development processes; passion for digital media
- Multi-tasker who is also very detailed-oriented
- Extensive knowledge of African American digital, social media, and mobile trends as it relates to P25-54
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Collaborative and able to create working systems of teams to execute flawlessly and meet marketing and business goals
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred. Minimum 5 years experience in digital media with specific expertise in creative and editorial leadership. Experience in cable is preferable.
If interested in applying for the Director, Digital & Social Media position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.