Thank GOD it’s Friday! All you want to do is forget the chaos of the week, kick back, watch a movie and relax. What better way to do that than with a Friday Night Cocktail? Straight from Monique Kilgore, writer and cook for Diva’s Can Cook. Monique gives you drink recipes that are sure to put you in a good mood. Check out this week’s cocktail and have a great weekend.
Prep Time: 10 mins
This easy to make recipe is sure to provide you with a cool and refreshing drink during those scorching summer days. So, if you are planning brunch with the girls or hosting a book club meeting, this Blackberry Margarita will definitely be the highlight of the party. For more drink recipes check out Divas Can Cook
• 3/4 cup simple syrup (1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water)
• 1 1/2 cups blackberries (may use frozen or thawed blackberries)
• 3 oz Tequila
• 1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
• 2-4 oz blackberry syrup
• 1 oz fresh lime juice
1. Simple Syrup: Stir until sugar dissolves
2. In a blender add simple syrup and blackberries.
3. Blend until combined.
4. Strain to remove all seeds. (store leftover syrup in refrigerator or freezer)
5. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
6. Add the tequila, Triple Sec, blackberry syrup and fresh lime juice.
7. Shake well.
8. Pour into a glass filled with crushed ice.
9. Garnish with lime wedges and frozen blackberries
10. Serve immediately
1. Freeze the leftover blackberry syrup for future margaritas!
2. Garnish with blackberries and lime
Watch Monique make a Blackberry Margarita
Meet Monique Kilgore of Divas Can Cook. Check out her amazing cooking tips and recipes!